Friday, January 21, 2011

Leftovers Make Lunch or Dinner - Dill Salmon Vegetable Saute




I wanted to share a meal that I threw together by looking at items I had in the refrigerator.   I share this with you in hopes that it may give you ideas about how to create a whole foods meal quickly and easily.  You might even like this idea enough to go out and buy the ingredients to prepare a meal for yourself or your family.

This meal was inspired by Dill that I bought for another recipe last week.  I was looking at some vegetables that I didn't want to go bad and I thought how could I combine dill and vegetables to make lunch.  I also had some leftover salmon from dinner. And the meal came together quickly. 

*A note about extra virgin olive oil and cooking.  Extra virgin olive oil has a low smoke point so it is not a good oil for sauteing.  If you want to saute Olive Oil is a better choice.


I can't give the exact recipe because I just threw everything together in the pan but here is the basics of how to make it (Adjust the spices for your taste buds).  I will prepare it a few more times and get exact measurements before I put any recipes in my book.



1 teaspoon of Olive oil
½ cup of onion diced
¼ cup of dill chopped
3 garlic cloves diced
¼ teaspoon of salt
¼ teaspoon of fresh ground pepper
1 cup of carrots sliced
2 cups of zucchini diced
2 cups of Bok Choy chopped ( or spinach, Swiss chard)
1 cup of Salmon cooked and chopped

Pour oil into a sauce pan on medium and add onion, dill, garlic, salt, and black pepper.  Add carrots sauté for 5 minutes.  Add zucchini, Bok Choy  and Salmon and cook for another 5 minutes.  Serve over brown rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment