Sunday, February 13, 2011

Dr. Dae and Chef Rebecca – Great Food Happens When Healthy Foodies Collide




Rebecca Katz is one of my favorite chefs, who happens to also be a friend.  Rebecca is the award winning author of two of my all time favorite books One Bite at a Time and The Cancer-Fighting Kitchen. I love to prepare food out of her books.  Several months ago Rebecca contacted me and asked me to work with her on a special project she called Project Yum.  Of course I jumped at the chance to work with her.  It required me to cook several recipes out of Rebecca’s book and I just loved getting to taste and try so many new recipes!  As a result I started taking pictures  (and some video) of the food I prepared from her book. 

This is the first of several blogs that I will title Dr. Dae and Chef Rebecca – Great Food Happens When Healthy Foodies Collide.  It is my spin-off of the movie Julie and Julia but all the recipes are using Whole Foods and are designed to create yum in the taste buds and health in your body.  In these special posts I will share the recipes that cooked from her books.  I decided on this just because I don’t have many good recipes for cauliflower and I wanted to get some new ideas for the future.

Cauliflower is a member of the cruciferous vegetable family, a very healthy family including collard greens, broccoli, kale and cabbage.  Cauliflower has anti-oxidant, anti-inflammatory and anti-cancer properties.  Which make a wonderful addition to almost any type of diet. 

Today’s dish is actually 2 recipes out of Rebecca’s book.  The soup is Curry Cauliflower Soup Page 67 and the dollop of yum on the top is Apricot Pear Chutney page 175 from The Cancer-Fighting Kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment