Saturday, February 26, 2011

Dr. Dae and Chef Rebecca – Great Food Happens When Healthy Foodies Collide – Catherine’s Magic Green Tea Rice





Brown rice is one of the first alternatives to white rice recommend to my patients.  It takes a little longer to cook brown rice because of its fiber content.   Fiber is one of the benefits of whole grain, making it a healthier alternative to white rice.  Even though I have been preparing brown rice for years, I have to admit it doesn’t turn out very fluffy.  This is disappointing because in preparing a wonderful meal for friends and family my brown rice comes out sticky; stuck to the pot and spoon.  I have found the perfect solution for my sticky brown rice!  Rebecca Katz’s recipe, Catherine’s Magic Green Tea Rice found on page 135 of her cookbook, The Cancer-Fighting Kitchen. I love this recipe because it is so incredibly easy and your brown rice will come out fluffy rice every time.  This is a healthy twist to preparing brown rice; you use green tea and vegetable broth instead of water.  The green tea is a brilliant way to add antioxidants to brown rice.  You can cook as much as you like and store the leftovers in the freezer, to use later in the week with other meals.  Try this recipe for baked brown rice and you may never go back to cooking rice on the stove!


No comments:

Post a Comment