Monday, January 24, 2011

Accidently Teaching Health

I have been living with my Grammy for the last 2 years to allow her to be able to continue to live in her home instead of going to a nursing home.  In the last 6 months her health has changed and we now have to have nursing support around the clock.  We have been fortunate to have the same people helping us since June.  Many of these nurses had been friends because in essence we have been living together for the last 6 months.  As I result, the nurses have smelled and tasted my food, gotten food from my garden, talked with me about everything from exercise to relationship issues.  It is part of everyday conversation, the conversations you would have in your home.

In the beginning of December one of the nurse left to go to on vacation for 3 weeks.  On her last day before vacation she left me a Christmas card.  I read it after she left and it was so touching.  She simply said to me thank you for teaching me and my family how to eat!  I had NO idea that all the conversations about food, sharing my herbs in my garden, and having her try many of my recipes had translated into improving the quality of her health and the health of her family.  It was a confirmation that the way that I live is healthy and I am leading by example.  It was such fun to share my ideas (the good one and the bad ones) with others to try to figure out how to enjoy living a healthy life.

Her simple card helped me to decide to change my practice and take my visits into peoples home so they can learn practical behaviors to make their lives happier and healthier at the same time.

If you are interested in me, Dr. Dae coming into your home and doing house calls to treat your health conditions and help you change your behaviors contact the office at 202-248-1907 or send me an email at drdae@healthydaes.com.

Live Vibrantly,

Dr. Dae

No comments:

Post a Comment