Sunday, January 16, 2011

Humbled by Inspiration

This morning I received an email titled Super Bowl Dip by Deborah Brown.  She shared with me that she has been inspired by our interaction and my book, Daelicious! Recipes for Vibrant Living. I was so humbled that Deborah was able to take the information that shared with her and create her own recipes. 

I believe that I was placed on mother earth to help others understand how to improve the quality of health for myself and others.  I love to talk about about food and health.  I love to eat food.  I love to talk about recipes.  I love to cook.  Receiving the email from some one I have worked with inspires me to continue to do what I do and know that I am making a difference in the life of others.  I have copied her recipe below for you to try too! 
 
Thank you Deborah Brown for sharing your thoughts with me.

Be Well,

Dr. Dae
 
This is a dip that will not rest on your hip! (Smile)
 
2 (15.5 oz cans) Goya Red Kidney Beans (Low Sodium) and Drained
1 (16 oz jar) Nature's Promise Organic Chilpolte Salsa (Low Sodium) *Giant Food
1 (12 oz jar) Victoria All Natural Roasted Red Peppers (Drained) *Giant Food
1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
1/4 Teaspoon Red Star Nutritional Yeast
1 Tablespoon Fresh Lemon Juice
1 Teaspoon Ground Shallots
1 Teaspoon Chile Powder
1/2 Jalapeno Pepper (Seeded) *Intense Flavor
 
Preparation:
Place all of the aforementioned ingredients in a food processor, blend until smooth.
 
Alternatives for this dip:
1. Warm and serve over whole wheat pasta
2. Serve cold over Swiss Chard
3. Warm and eat as a soup
 
Please share with your patients if you wish to do so.
 
Happy eating,
 
Deborah D. Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment